Yoga classes w/c 22 January
Open your heart to new possibilities
This week my classes are all about opening your heart to new possibilities, so we’ll focus on activating the energy of the heart chakra.
The heart or anahata chakra is energised with back bends, forward folds and side opening poses. Through these we aim to create space in the heart centre so that something new - and better - can grow. The colour of the anahata chakra is green symbolising growth, so we’ll plant the seeds of what we want to create more of in our heart space. Classes will feature some of my favourite backbends, including humble warrior, bow aka dhanurasana and crescent lunge aka anjaneyasana.
We’ll use two of my favourite mudras in class - the lotus mudra which opens the heart chakra and purifies the mind, and an abuandance mudra using our Jupiter fingers (index finger) to call in more of what we want.
Throughout class we’ll work from a place of gratitude, I’ll invite you to be grateful for all that you have, all that you love and all that you are.
- Tuesday 23 January, 8.15pm, 75 minute vinyasa flow, ClaphamSpace, 1 Landor Road, SW9
- Wednesday 24 January, 7pm dynamic flow, 8pm slow flow and meditation, Stillpoint Yoga Studio, 41 Acre Lane, SW2
- Friday 26 January, 9.30am, 90 minute vinyasa flow, StudioB, 130 Brixton Hill, SW2
- All classes are suitable for all levels.
- £10 per class, £15 for both Wednesday classes
Competition - win a private yoga lesson for you and a friend
My competition is still open and it’s easy to enter.
- Just sign up to my newsletter, scroll down to the bottom of the page and fill in the simple form.
- That’s it. Simples. I’ll draw the winner on Wednesday 24, half moon day
- Please only enter if you live in south/inner London so we can easily arrange your prize if you win.