Yoga classes w/c 21 May
Flow with me ...
- Monday 7am, ClaphamSpace, 1 Landor Road, SW9
- Tuesday 8.15pm, ClaphamSpace
- Wednesday 7am, ClaphamSpace
- Wednesday 7pm, Stillpoint Yoga Studio, upstairs at 41 Acre Lane, Brixton, SW2
- Friday 9.30 am, Studiob, 130 Brixton Hill, Brixton, SW2
Love, Happiness and Yoga
Along with the rest of the nation, we’ve had a weekend of celebrating love and happiness as we watched Prince Harry and Meghan get married. I love weddings, I especially loved my own many, many years ago. For the whole past week I’ve been swept up in the wedding gossip, in all the chatter about the dress, the flowers, the rings and the guest list. I’ve listened to endless words about it. But little attention is paid to the most important words of all … the wedding vows, the spoken commitment in front of witnesses to love, encourage and support each other.
In class this week we’ll focus on the importance of our “voice”, our fundamental right to speak and to be heard, by activating and energising the throat chakra, visshuda. The energy associated with visshuda chakra is “Shakini Shakti” who is bestower of all higher knowledge and powers, so I think well worth calling on her powers by bringing our attention to this sacred space.
We’ll flow through a beautiful sequence of asanas that stimulate this chakra including sarvangasana aka shoulderstand (a special request from the lovely Sylvia) and plough.
If practising shoulder stand at home please be very careful of your precious neck and always keep your gaze up to the ceiling and your neck still.
As well as activating and balancing the visshuda chakra sarvangasana is great for us physically too, it …
- Helps with digestion and digestive issues
- Brings relief to tired and swollen legs
- Improves circulation to upper body and the brain
- Can be deeply relaxing and soothes the nervous system
- Balances the hormones by keeping the thyroid in good working order