Yoga classes w/c 5 March
Your yoga, your life
At the end of each class I always invite you to connect with anything you need to bring with you from your mat into your life. On our mats we take on the characteristics of the poses we embody; the strength of the warrior, the grace of the dancer, the generosity of the cow. And it’s amazing to bring those qualities into our lives.
But it doesn’t just work one way. It’s always interesting to take notice of what happens on your mat because it highlights what’s going on off it. For example, at the moment, any and all of the balancing poses are almost impossible for me and that’s a direct reflection that my life is out of balance, which it most certainly is!
By tuning in to your body and breath on the mat your yoga can reveal things that are worth addressing off the mat. You just have to listen to what your yoga is telling you.
One of the most common is “fear”. You might be afraid of inversions on your mat and scared of trying new things off your mat. You might not like backbends on your mat and be fearful of opening your heart in your life. You may be petrified of ‘face planting’ in crow, and worried about speaking in public. So many fears, so little time.
Over the next few weeks we are going to bring our attention to the muladhara chakra. By activating and balancing this energy centre in a positive way we can help to face and overcome our fears as well as feel more grounded and confident.
Our asana practice will include some beautiful hip opening poses, such as anjaneyasana (pictured) and pigeon of course. We’ll play with the mula bandha. And we’ll focus on the muladhara chakra in our meditations using colour and visualisation to waken the energy.
I look forward to welcoming you to class.
- Tuesday, 8.15pm, vinyasa flow, ClaphamSpace, 1 Landor Road, Clapham, SW9, drop in
- Wednesday, 7pm dynamic flow, 8pm slow flow and meditation, Stillpoint Yoga Studio, upstairs at 41 Acre Lane, Brixton, SW2
- Friday, 9.30am, Studio B, front studio 130 Brixton Hill, SW2.
£10 per class or both Wednesday classes for £15. Please note I have a card reader if you have no cash.
I’d love you to follow me on Instagram, you can do so by clicking here.
Marvellous Mat Medicine
I’ve made some absolutely gorgeous ‘Marvellous Mat Medicine’ to sanitise your mats. It is packed full of ‘scentsational’ pure essential oils that not only smell gorgeous but work hard to keep your mat free from bacteria, fungus and other nasties.
- Lavender – antifungal, antiviral, antibacterial and smells amazing; perfect to help you keep your mat clean and happy
- Sweet Orange - a powerful anti-depressant, it calms anxiety and makes you smile (it does me anyway!)
- Frankincense - a high vibration oil, known as the king of oils, used to uplift the spirit and relieve stress, it also boosts immunity.
If you’d like to buy some please let me know and I’ll bring it to class for you. It’s only £10 for 250ml. And the tall, skinny bottle means you can just pop it into your mat bag.